- Animals/Birds of the Badlands, Yellowstone and Grand Tetons National Parks 2016
- National Parks Landscapes 2016
- Animals of Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands 2014
- Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands Landscapes 2014
- Animals of Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands 2012
- Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands Landscapes 2012
- Animals of Yellowstone 2011
- Birds of Yellowstone 2011
- Yellowstone/Tetons Landscapes 2011
- Yellowstone Textures
- Custer State Park, SD
- Great Smoky Mountains NP
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- About Me
I spent a cold morning last weekend by the river watching the ducks and geese in the frigid river. There were hundreds, perhaps thousands of Canada Geese, Mallards and I even saw one female Redhead duck. The green heads of the drake Mallards were iridescent in bright morning sun. I had heard the wild turkeys back in the woods early in the morning but couldn't see them, because they normally keep their distance from the road. As I watched from the car the ducks and geese were coming and going every which way. I had hoped that one of the Eagles would fly in to snatch a fish out of the open hole in the river or at least perch in a nearby tree, but I only saw tail feathers as one flew from the nest heading the other direction. The big surprise of the morning was about a dozen turkeys that quietly crept along the river bank just across the river from where I was watching. I carefully raised my camera and snapped several pictures before they disappeared back in the trees and brush. You can click the images below to see a larger image.
Just a few notes about my photos. See more on Facebook.