- Animals/Birds of the Badlands, Yellowstone and Grand Tetons National Parks 2016
- National Parks Landscapes 2016
- Animals of Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands 2014
- Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands Landscapes 2014
- Animals of Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands 2012
- Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands Landscapes 2012
- Animals of Yellowstone 2011
- Birds of Yellowstone 2011
- Yellowstone/Tetons Landscapes 2011
- Yellowstone Textures
- Custer State Park, SD
- Great Smoky Mountains NP
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- About Me
Tonight the Lime Creek Nature Center had a program with injured raptors from the Wildlife Care Clinic at Iowa State University. I had the opportunity to take a few pictures of the birds prior to the regular program. There was an Eastern Screech Owl (gray morph), American Kestrel, Barred Owl, Red Tailed Hawk (injured with broken wing), and a Great Horned Owl (injured - missing one eye). They are all beautiful birds (despite the injuries) and in was fun to see them up close. This was a special treat for me because I have not been able to get close to a Kestrel in the wild (but I'm not done trying). I'm hoping to find a pair nesting where I might be able to get close in a blind. These were taken with the pop-up flash on the camera and a flash with a small diffuser to the right and higher than the camera providing the main lighting. Thanks to Lauren from ISU for taking time to let me take few pictures and assisting with posing the birds.
Just a few notes about my photos. See more on Facebook.