On the evening of July 18 the Moon and Venus were in close proximity as they were setting in the western sky. (Of course they set in the west, but it just sounded poetic to say it that way.) Venus is also a crescent, but here just looks like a little blob of light. Jupiter, a bit dimmer, was to the upper right of Venus but has been cropped out of the photo. This photo taken about half an hour after sunset from the top of Grandad Bluff, a 600-foot high bluff overlooking La Crosse, WI.
400mm lens, f/6.3, 0.8 sec, ISO 1250, cropped.
- Animals/Birds of the Badlands, Yellowstone and Grand Tetons National Parks 2016
- National Parks Landscapes 2016
- Animals of Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands 2014
- Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands Landscapes 2014
- Animals of Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands 2012
- Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands Landscapes 2012
- Animals of Yellowstone 2011
- Birds of Yellowstone 2011
- Yellowstone/Tetons Landscapes 2011
- Yellowstone Textures
- Custer State Park, SD
- Great Smoky Mountains NP
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- About Me