- Animals/Birds of the Badlands, Yellowstone and Grand Tetons National Parks 2016
- National Parks Landscapes 2016
- Animals of Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands 2014
- Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands Landscapes 2014
- Animals of Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands 2012
- Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands Landscapes 2012
- Animals of Yellowstone 2011
- Birds of Yellowstone 2011
- Yellowstone/Tetons Landscapes 2011
- Yellowstone Textures
- Custer State Park, SD
- Great Smoky Mountains NP
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- About Me
Today I watched as a Eagle tried to nonchalantly pick up a branch that was frozen in the ice. He walked over to it, stepped on the branch, grasped his talon around it and started to walk away, but the branch wouldn't budge. He tugged on it a few times and looked around as if to see if anyone was watching, then casually walked a few steps away. He stood for a few minutes glancing left and right, fluffed his wings and then approached the frozen branch again. This time tugging on it with his beak till it finally snapped sending him flying backwards on to his tail feathers. It was a small victory, and would not add much to the growing nest but he flew off to the nest with his contribution anyway. A few minutes later one of the Eagles returned to the nest with a much larger branch from farther down the river. (There are more Eagles under the 'Birds' menu at the top of the page).
Just a few notes about my photos. See more on Facebook.