- Animals/Birds of the Badlands, Yellowstone and Grand Tetons National Parks 2016
- National Parks Landscapes 2016
- Animals of Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands 2014
- Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands Landscapes 2014
- Animals of Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands 2012
- Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands Landscapes 2012
- Animals of Yellowstone 2011
- Birds of Yellowstone 2011
- Yellowstone/Tetons Landscapes 2011
- Yellowstone Textures
- Custer State Park, SD
- Great Smoky Mountains NP
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- About Me
Yes, I like Snowy Owls, and Screech Owls, and Barred Owls and, well, I just like Owls. This weekend was the International Festival of Owls in Houston, Minnesota. One of the festival events was a photo shoot on Sunday morning. An opportunity for a select group of photographers to get 10 minutes with each of four owls to take close-up pictures in a controlled environment with natural backgrounds. The owls were provided by the Illinois Raptor Center. This year there was a Snowy Owl, Eastern Screech Owl (Gray Morph), Barred Owl and Great Horned Owl. I've been searching locally for Snowy Owls all winter, and I did get a chance to photograph one on a power pole near Ames, IA. When I heard that there would be an opportunity to photograph a Snowy Owl at the Owl Festival I signed up as soon as the registration opened. Below are a couple of the owl pictures from the day. I'm sure that you will see similar poses of the same birds on many places in the Web as there were 35 other photographers taking pictures. There are more photos on the Owl page.
Just a few notes about my photos. See more on Facebook.