I drive by this tree nearly every day. It stands alone in an old fence row, this year among soy beans and other years among corn, its brethren trees long ago removed to make way for larger farm equipment. It stands alone. I wonder why this lone tree was spared? I have often thought that it would be great to share a sunrise or moon-rise with this tree. How many has it seen? How many sunsets or moon sets? It soaks up the sun, the rain, the sleet and snow, all alone, among the beans or corn. On this clear, cool September eve', I joined it in watching the full super-moon as it slid out of the horizon on its arc across the clear night sky. We watched together, that tree and I. Its spindly branches seemed to be reaching, touching, caressing the moon, an old friend, as it passed in to the night to shine down from above. We'll meet again some day, but for now, I am glad that we could share this moment together.
- Animals/Birds of the Badlands, Yellowstone and Grand Tetons National Parks 2016
- National Parks Landscapes 2016
- Animals of Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands 2014
- Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands Landscapes 2014
- Animals of Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands 2012
- Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands Landscapes 2012
- Animals of Yellowstone 2011
- Birds of Yellowstone 2011
- Yellowstone/Tetons Landscapes 2011
- Yellowstone Textures
- Custer State Park, SD
- Great Smoky Mountains NP
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- About Me
Just a few notes about my photos. See more on Facebook.