- Animals/Birds of the Badlands, Yellowstone and Grand Tetons National Parks 2016
- National Parks Landscapes 2016
- Animals of Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands 2014
- Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands Landscapes 2014
- Animals of Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands 2012
- Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands Landscapes 2012
- Animals of Yellowstone 2011
- Birds of Yellowstone 2011
- Yellowstone/Tetons Landscapes 2011
- Yellowstone Textures
- Custer State Park, SD
- Great Smoky Mountains NP
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- About Me
Aren't Wood Ducks one of the most beautiful birds? Such pretty colors. I have found that they are not very approachable and always fly off if I get near. Before today I had only gotten one picture of a Wood Duck. This morning I went out early, in the dark and sat by the pond in my camo clothes, with my camo netting draped over my head, camera and tripod, and I just waited. In the twilight I could see the Wood Ducks swimming around and took many pictures as it gradually got lighter. Just about the time the sun came up they flew way. But I waited, for about an hour, and they finally came back silently gliding into the the water right in front of me. Finally I got some pictures in the sunlight - which really brings out the colors. It was also fun to see the female fly in to the nest box - aiming directly for a hole which seems smaller than her body and flying right in. Take a look at some of the other Wood Duck photos - here.
Just a few notes about my photos. See more on Facebook.