- Animals/Birds of the Badlands, Yellowstone and Grand Tetons National Parks 2016
- National Parks Landscapes 2016
- Animals of Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands 2014
- Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands Landscapes 2014
- Animals of Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands 2012
- Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands Landscapes 2012
- Animals of Yellowstone 2011
- Birds of Yellowstone 2011
- Yellowstone/Tetons Landscapes 2011
- Yellowstone Textures
- Custer State Park, SD
- Great Smoky Mountains NP
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- About Me
Setups for Backyard Bird Photography
These are some of the things that I do to try to get bird photos in the backyard.
To get a little closer I drape myself with a camo netting that I bought a hunting supply store. It is about 60" by 12'. I folded it in half and sewed up one side leaving an opening for the lens. I'm sitting on a stool with the camera on a tripod. I still have to move very slowly as quick hand movements will spook the birds.
My new bird photo setup is a log that I mounted on some saw-horse type legs, and screwed another perching branch on the end. I hollowed out the back of the log with a chain saw to add bird seed and positioned it just outside of the bedroom window. The birds will perch on the log and on the branch while waiting to get some seed or while cracking open a sunflower seed.