- Animals/Birds of the Badlands, Yellowstone and Grand Tetons National Parks 2016
- National Parks Landscapes 2016
- Animals of Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands 2014
- Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands Landscapes 2014
- Animals of Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands 2012
- Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands Landscapes 2012
- Animals of Yellowstone 2011
- Birds of Yellowstone 2011
- Yellowstone/Tetons Landscapes 2011
- Yellowstone Textures
- Custer State Park, SD
- Great Smoky Mountains NP
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Utah National Parks
- About Me
Photos taken at Leech Lake Minnesota Friday, September 27 into the early hours of Saturday, September 28, 2019. With a forecast of Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) there were lots of people out in the upper midwest to view and photograph the 'lights'. They were a little dim to the naked eye, but the camera recorded these with a 25 second exposure time at f/2.8, ISO 2000.
Dale Mills and I were honored tonight to receive an award for the 'Best Local Film' for our film 'A February Canoe Float' at the Iowa Independent Film Festival, among the six films that were screened tonight. It looked pretty good on the big screen. I was a bit surprised because all of the films shown tonight were very good. I'm glad they liked ours.
(Produced, directed and edited by Bruce G. McKee, written and narrated by Dale Mills.)
Click images below to see larger.
One more try at a photo of the covered bridge at Wilkenson Pioneer Park in Rock Falls, IA, with lots of stars and the Milky Way this time on a clear night. Because of the Earth's revolving around the Sun the Milky Way is now a bit farther to the Southeast (to the right in this photo) than I would have liked for this photo. I'll be back a little earlier in the summer to try again next year.
Just a few notes about my photos. See more on Facebook.