I was out for an early morning drive and found this Belted Kingfisher along a county road sitting in a tree over a small creek. Of course when I stopped the car and opened the window to take a photo he flew off. I waited for about 45 minutes and eventually the Kingfisher came back to the same tree where I could get a few photos from the car before he flew again.
The Hermit Thrush is one of the early migratory birds that we see in the Spring. I saw this one at the Lime Creek Conservation Area. Photo from the car.
Wood Ducks on a pond by the road on an overcast day. They are one of my favorite birds. The color on the head of the male are really beautiful, especially in the sunshine. These were taken from the parked car, but I really need to take some time to try to get closer to some Wood Ducks for some close up pictures. If you search my photos there are some that I have taken previously, but who knows, the next ones may be better.
- Animals/Birds of the Badlands, Yellowstone and Grand Tetons National Parks 2016
- National Parks Landscapes 2016
- Animals of Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands 2014
- Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands Landscapes 2014
- Animals of Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands 2012
- Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands Landscapes 2012
- Animals of Yellowstone 2011
- Birds of Yellowstone 2011
- Yellowstone/Tetons Landscapes 2011
- Yellowstone Textures
- Custer State Park, SD
- Great Smoky Mountains NP
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Utah National Parks
- About Me