Yesterday we spent the afternoon at the Dale Valley Vineyard celebrating the 15th anniversary of SOAR, (Saving Our Avian Resources), an Iowa-based, non-profit organization "dedicated to saving our avian resources through raptor rehabilitation, education, and research". In addition to lots of good food, activities and music they had two "education" birds - a Red-tailed hawk and "Thora" their resident almost blind Bald Eagle. They also released into the wild, two rehabilitated American Kestrels and two Red-tailed Hawks.I got some nice photos of the birds including one of the Red-tails sitting in a nearby tree after it had been released. Kay, Linette, Terrie and others put on a great event with musical ambiance provided by Charlie Nixon.
More about SOAR on their Facebook page or at their web site.
Click here to see more images from the day of the birds and events.
- Yellowstone In Winter
- Animals/Birds of the Badlands, Yellowstone and Grand Tetons National Parks 2016
- National Parks Landscapes 2016
- Animals of Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands 2014
- Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands Landscapes 2014
- Animals of Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands 2012
- Yellowstone/Tetons/Badlands Landscapes 2012
- Animals of Yellowstone 2011
- Birds of Yellowstone 2011
- Yellowstone/Tetons Landscapes 2011
- Yellowstone Textures
- Custer State Park, SD
- Great Smoky Mountains NP
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Utah National Parks
- About Me